PR Manager - 12 month contract
Cervest is building the world's first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a Certified B Corporation with a vision to build a climate intelligent world — one where everyone is able to use Climate Intelligence to adapt with climate change. By making Climate Intelligence open, democratised and transparent we will power a global Climate Intelligent Network™ that drives a chain reaction of climate intelligent decisions to protect the world’s critical assets, including our greatest asset — the planet.
Using our pioneering EarthScanTM product, anyone can discover how current and future climate events such as flooding, droughts, and extreme temperatures will impact their assets. EarthScan helps our customers confidently de-risk decisions, meet financial disclosure needs and improve the resilience of the assets they own, manage or rely on.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
Cervest is looking for a PR Manager to join the team for a 12 month contract to lead on global PR for a maternity cover. This role is an opportunity to play a key part in Cervest’s exciting next stage of growth.
Why will you enjoy this opportunity?
You’ll be working in a fast-paced B2B scale up environment with changing priorities and have responsibility for the PR strategy and campaign development and execution, including working with the Office of the CEO on executive communications and thought leadership. You’ll have the opportunity to apply creative and effective storytelling to translate company vision, product roadmaps and customer viewpoints into compelling press coverage.
What are the expectations you will work toward completing?
This is an exciting role where you will work alongside your marketing, sales and product colleagues, as well as the executive team, to showcase the impact of our work to a global audience, with a focus on the USA, UK and Europe in 2023.
For this role, we are looking for someone with strong commercial acumen who knows how to apply PR strategies and tactics to support the overall business strategy, as well as commercial, product and marketing strategies. We are also looking for someone who has a passion for our mission, a proactive learning mindset, a willingness to jump into both PR strategy and execution, and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, collaborative, and distributed team.
What type of work will you be doing on a regular basis?
- Developing and implementing PR plans to grow brand awareness in support of commercial and company category leadership goals, including setting and executing the strategy and managing budget..
- Leveraging your existing media relationships, and cultivating new contacts, within business, technology, climate and vertical media to secure prominent print, broadcast and online press coverage in support of key initiatives and milestones (i.e product and customer announcements).
- Managing all media inquiries and interview requests, including drafting briefing materials and prepping spokespeople.
- Creating storylines and writing messaging and content for press releases, byline articles, blog posts, infographics, position papers, op-eds, keynote presentations, podcasts, etc.
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for media partnerships, developing PR campaigns and supporting company plans for key industry events and trade shows, including COP.
- Managing industry speaking opportunities for executives and other subject matter experts within the company
- Supporting the Marketing Associate in managing the awards and recognitions program.
- Managing external PR resources, as relevant.
What is the structure and culture of the team like?
As a member of the marketing team, you will be deeply embedded into the commercial engine of the organization, working closely with the marketing, sales and customer success teams, as well as colleagues across product management, engineering, science, legal and the Office of the CEO. You’ll be reporting into the CMO, and will work closely with the CEO.
We are a distributed remote-first company and are hiring in the UK, the a number of states in the US. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working in a fully remote setting and with a diverse team distributed across multiple time zones. This job requires minimum travel for occasional regional or global team retreats, industry events and press opportunities , using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that).
We have a strong culture of collaboration, empowerment and inclusion. We don’t have a culture of micro-management, so self-starters who are comfortable managing ambiguity thrive best at Cervest.. You will instead experience a supportive culture where coaching, facilitation and deep care are embedded into company norms.
As a rapidly scaling company on a mission, we are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
- 25 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between December 24th and January 1st, which typically gives an extra 3 days off each year (on top of your 25 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture with flexible working hours
- Every employee is given a plant of their choice
- £1000 a year learning budget towards personal and professional development
- £500 stipend to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your laptop and peripherals such as a screen and keyboard)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Virtual team and company activities such as pastry-making classes, mindfulness classes, coffee masterclasses and murder mysteries
- £1500 loan towards a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme (available for UK employees
Something looks off?