Clue is more than just a place to work. Our work empowers women and people with cycles to make more informed decisions about their health. We break down barriers, myths and taboos. Our workplace is agile, diverse, and full of opportunities for growth.
NOTE FROM YOUR TEAM LEAD: DANIEL
Join our Data Chapter and help over 13 million monthly active users on the acclaimed Clue App to learn about their bodies and to better live in sync with their biology. Find an environment that fosters individual growth and allows you to contribute your ideas to a variety of challenges, beyond just writing code.
As a Data Engineer at Clue you will write data solutions, transform and optimize large sets of raw and processed data and implement architectures to support our Data Science, Product and Growth teams to achieve their ambitious goals. We work in iterations with an informal agile approach, using Jira & Github as our collaboration platforms. You will be part of a well-functioning and diverse team that values friendliness, helpfulness and a shared passion for Clue’s mission, so please let us know why Clue caught your interest.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Interface with engineers, product managers and data scientists to understand data needs and implement robust and scalable solutions
- Maintain and improve the platform for event data ingestions from our apps.
- Work directly with analysts and data scientists to implement robust and reusable data schemas
- Build and maintain data pipelines
- Ensure data quality and accessibility for all types of data
- Identify and rectify data quality issues
- Write good documentation—for other data engineers, as well as for other colleagues.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of industry data engineering experience, including experience in ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Proven experience in the data warehouse space, as well as schema design.
- Very good in SQL and at least one modern programming language (Python, Java, etc).
- Profound knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Experienced in designing data solutions within cloud platforms such as AWS (preferred), Google Cloud Platform or Azure.
- Strong knowledge and experience with some distributed data processing technology like Redshift/BigQuery/Snowflake/Spark or similar.
- Experience with Streaming data AWS Kinesis, Kafka or RabbitMQ, is considered a plus
WE’RE ESPECIALLY EXCITED IF
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, informatics); advanced degree preferred (or equivalent experience).
- You have knowledge of visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- You have knowledge of Snowplow.
WORKING AT CLUE
At Clue we embrace a culture that values diversity. We believe in creating a safe space where everyone feels welcome and heard. Our unique perks are designed to cultivate growth where we can all flourish, no matter what path we are on.
Flexible Fridays. Use your Fridays for whatever you need to stay healthy and productive.
Hybrid workplace. Work from home whenever you like and remotely for a designated amount of months a year, including an yearly Work From Home budget.
Professional and personal development. Benefit from your own development budget, company coach, subsidized gym membership.
Relocation budget. We’ll help you relocate to make your move to Berlin as smooth as possible.
Employee share options. Be part of Clue’s success with our Employee Share Option Plan.
Office space. Enjoy our office in the heart of Berlin, where great people meet and meaningful work happens.
GOOD TO KNOW
Main Location: Berlin, Germany
Team: Data Team
Contract: Full Time
Reporting To: Daniel Thomas (Head of Data Team)
Contact Person: Mitali Juneja (Talent Acquisition Manager)