Who we are
In 2018, Cowboy introduced the most beautiful, simple, and connected electric bike for urban riders. With a vision to be the ideal mode of transport, Cowboy has transformed the electric bike to be a fully connected ecosystem that our riders experience every day. Over time, the cultural impact we imagine is one of creating the living city - urban environments that are more mindful of us and the way we want to move and more sustainable for all its inhabitants.
We are a disrupter in the market with ambitious goals, winning Red-Dot awards in 2018, 2019, and 2021. We enhance the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design, and meticulous customer service. Our mission is to become the most desirable micro-mobility company in Europe & US by 2025.
In May 2021, Cowboy launched its fourth model, introducing a new frame with a wireless phone charging feature. Our bikes, on-demand test rides, and repair services are available in more than 10 European countries and our bikes are available across the U.S.A. In January 2022, Cowboy raised $80 Million of funding from international investors led by HCVC and Siam Capital with continued support from previous investors Index and Tiger Global in the Series C round.
A Cowboy is someone with the courage, despite their fears, to follow their own intuition and to move their own way. Courage is the human emotion shared among our riders and with us as a brand.
We’re looking for an organised and enthusiastic individual to join us as a Finance Associate. This is an excellent opportunity reporting into our Head of Accounting, where you will be responsible for the tasks listed below, among other ad-hoc projects.
Initially the role involves significant hands-on tasks as we further automate processes. We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual to come in, understand our processes, improve them and contribute to the further automation.
Strong accounting, internal processes, organizational skills and change management mindset are key to be successful in this position.
If you are looking to further grow as a finance professional within an entrepreneurial environment and have increased responsibilities in all the different areas of a finance department, this is a great opportunity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing day-to-day accounting activities to a high degree of accuracy.
- Working in partnership with our customer services team for all finance-related inquiries.
- Management of Accounts Payable process i.e. processing, codification, seek for relevant approvals and final booking. AP process and automation is currently one of the main focus areas within the organisation.
- Working in partnership with all Cowboy Departments to optimise procurement and payment processes i.e. drive AP automation.
- Establishing and enforcing appropriate policies and internal controls.
- Responsible for the accrual process and provisions.
- Inventory management and bookkeeping i.e. ensure invoices are correctly booked in line with the P2P process and follow up on correct inventory valuation.
- Fixed Asset Management i.e. regular review and proper registration of depreciation / impairment.
- AR follow up i.e. ageing review, bad debt, collections allocation and clearing.
- Responsible for the monthly Balance Sheet analysis and reconciliations.
- Responsible for the monthly closing process and reporting.
- Review and book travel & expenses and ensure internal policy is properly followed.
- Cash management (payments, cash allocation, cash flow, treasury forecast), ensuring proper SoD and internal policies.
- Active participation in the external audit process.
- Coordination of statutory compliance (BE GAAP).
- Participation in the optimization of tax (VAT) treatments / Tax accounting.
- Handling ad-hoc requests and projects as needed e.g. processes and system automation.
Who we are looking for:
- Master or Bachelor’s in accounting, economics, business administration or similar
- Strong knowledge of General Accounting Principles (BE GAAP and IFRS).
- Previous experience working in an accounting position.
- International tax knowledge (VAT) will be considered a plus
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office package
- IT literate
- Quick learner, like to take responsibilities and are proactive
- Strong team player
- Fluent in English – any other languages will be considered as a plus
- Critical, analytical and accurate individual
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, understanding and act accordingly to urgency matters
- International mindset
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment / change management mindset
What we offer you:
- Highly competitive package with a clear and open salary structure
- Equity / Share warrants
- Hospitalisation insurance
- 30 days vacation days (exclusive of local bank holidays)
- Your own Cowboy bike to be used along your contract (and a nice discount for your family)
- Daily meal allowance
- If you are based in Belgium then an annual budget to cover some of your costs on the days you chose to work from home.
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing start-up with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Having a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you're on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.