Supply Chain Intern
Who we are
In 2018, Cowboy introduced the most beautiful, simple, and connected electric bike for urban riders. With a vision to be the ideal mode of transport, Cowboy has transformed the electric bike to be a fully connected ecosystem that our riders experience every day. Over time, the cultural impact we imagine is one of creating the living city - urban environments that are more mindful of us and the way we want to move and more sustainable for all its inhabitants.
We are a disrupter in the market with ambitious goals, winning Red-Dot awards in 2018, 2019, and 2021. We enhance the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design, and meticulous customer service. Our mission is to become the most desirable micro-mobility company in Europe & US by 2025.
In May 2021, Cowboy launched its fourth model, introducing a new frame with a wireless phone charging feature. Our bikes, on-demand test rides, and repair services are available in more than 10 European countries and our bikes are available across the U.S.A. In January 2022, Cowboy raised $80 Million of funding from international investors led by HCVC and Siam Capital with continued support from previous investors Index and Tiger Global in the Series C round.
A Cowboy is someone with the courage, despite their fears, to follow their own intuition and to move their own way. Courage is the human emotion shared among our riders and with us as a brand.
We’re looking for a Supply Chain Intern to join Cowboy’s experienced Supply Chain team for a 6 months-long internship. Our successful candidate will get a well-rounded experience in all aspects of the Supply Chain learning from a passionate team of four.
At the end of this internship the ideal candidate will be able to navigate the complex world of Supply Chain understanding the complexities that make the end goal possible: deliver on time the right COWBOY bike to its customer.
What you’ll be doing and learning
- Inventory management for bike assembly
- how to read Bill of Materials
- how Materials Requirements Planning works
- how to manage Engineering Changes
- how to tackle any challenges that come your way
- Purchasing components for bikes through ERP Odoo
- the ins and outs of ERP systems
- about Purchase Order process
- how to communicate effectively with our trusted suppliers
- Purchase order management and logistics
- how to become a logistics guru by ordering transport (container, air cargo, truck)
- what elements are important in the transportation quotes
- how to think outside of the box to bring the necessary components on time to the production line.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who:
- Is eligible to work as an intern in Belgium
- Speaks and writes English fluently
- Is studying Business with the courses in Supply Chain
- Is passionate about supply chain management and manufacturing
- Is analytical and quickly connects the dots
- Is an EXCEL/GSheets wizard with advanced formulas
- Is data savvy
- Has strong organisational and communication skills
- Is driven, proactive, and has a structured way of working
What we offer you
- Paid internship
- Exposure to all areas of the Supply chain: Planning, Order management, Procurement, Logistics
- Fast-paced ambitious environment
- An opportunity to build new skills and competencies
- Working with people who love what they do every day
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you're on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.
Please note that applications for this internship will close on the 15th of August with a view to start with us on the 1st of Sept.