Commercial Manager (Life Sciences), US
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
Giving the world more time.
Huma is a global health technology company dedicated to digital-first care and research. The company’s modular platform supports remote patient monitoring across different disease areas, working together with health systems. In the Life Sciences, Huma powers some of the world’s largest digitally-enabled clinical trials, as well as building companion applications to drugs, devices and other therapeutics. Huma’s platform combines predictive algorithms, digital biomarkers and real-world data to advance proactive, predictive care and research. The company has grown quickly in recent years and now numbers approximately 400 Huma(ns) working internationally. In addition to organic growth, Huma has recently added a digital primary care capability in the UK and a leading clinical trials company in Germany to the Group. With strong growth ahead, it’s an exciting time to join the company.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to join our companions applications commercial team. This team partners with global biopharma organizations to build Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) solutions that help patients manage complex therapeutic regimes safely, promoting adherence and enabling clinical teams to act quickly to optimize treatment or to intervene as needed. Huma is an industry-leader in companion applications and we partner with many of the world’s top twenty pharmaceutical companies.
As Commercial Manager, you will take responsibility for developing one of our top US-based biopharma accounts, working closely with our US head. You will lead on market and client research, stakeholder mapping and management, and on developing compelling customer proposals and other materials. You will be hungry, capable of shouldering significant accountability and be motivated by helping the company grow. In return, Huma will offer you a fast-paced environment, a strong team working culture and a path to grow your own career.
- Manage the relationship with one of our top pharma partners on a day-to-day basis, identifying new opportunities to grow the account
- Demonstrably contribute to the growth of Huma and to the revenue targets of the companion app (pharma) team
- Support with developing and following up on new business opportunities and partnerships
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key existing partners and potential key customers
- Support the the US head on major deals or opportunities
- Coordinate with other colleagues across functions (including but not limited to Product, Engineering, Regulatory, Medical, Legal) to drive deal progression forward
- Support the Global Head and other members of the commercial team in larger projects e.g. preparing major proposals, tenders, RFP responses and other sales materials as required
- Be responsible for maintaining records of all projects in the CRM system, keep it up-to-date, and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
From day one in this role, we’ll expect you to have
- Strong interest and passion for digital health, and a clear understanding of its business model and sales process
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in science or a related discipline
- A deep understanding of pharmaceutical product development and commercialisation, the key stakeholders and their requirements for digital companion/SaMD solutions
- Excellent business development and account management skills
- Ability to build high quality presentations and documentation in structured and concise manner
- Proven experience developing partnerships and interacting with executive teams and clients
- Excellent stakeholder management, influencing, interpersonal and communication skills, proven to establish effective relationships
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
It’s great, but not required, if you have
- Previous experience in consulting (+2 years)
- Previous experience in digital health, either in the Life Sciences or Healthcare sectors
- Proven ability to sell SaaS solutions to pharmaceutical companies
What we can offer you
- Health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Employee life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Generous share options - every employee is an owner
- 15 paid vacation days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Home office allowance to support home working
- Family first culture - giving the flexibility you need
- Growth & development opportunities
Come join us!
We believe magic happens when you bring together diverse ideas, experiences, and styles. We want to create a world where people live longer, fuller lives, and to do that well we need a team that represents all of the people and communities who use our solutions. We aspire to create an environment where everyone has the opportunity to do their best work. We are always looking for ways to improve so if you have any suggestions, please get in touch.
Dear recruitment agency friends: Huma attracts an amazing number of direct candidates and we do not need any help at this stage, so please do not send us unsolicited agency resumes. This is not a great use of your time, and we will not accept any liability or fees for any resumes or candidates which we have not asked you to find for us.