Associate Clinical Director, UK
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Giving the world more time.
For the first time in human history, we have the technology, data, and insights to redefine health. Together with our partners, we will make the leap from reactive to proactive medicine. By collectively benefiting from the data we individually generate, we can all live our longest, fullest lives. Huma partners with scientists, technologists, healthcare, and life sciences professionals to understand, treat, and ultimately prevent ill health. Giving knowledge and power to those with medical conditions, while saving clinicians time, energy, and valuable resources.
The core mission of the Associate Clinical Director is to contribute to the crucial role in ensuring that the Huma platform and all Huma projects meet the highest clinical standards and relevant regulations, within Huma’s Clinical & Scientific team. Within this growing, clinically led team, you will provide clinical expertise to all Huma’s activities, working closely with colleagues in R&D, product, and regulation, across a wide breadth of projects with diverse aims.
We are looking for a talented and passionate clinician who wants to join a team of creative, proactive, and supportive professionals who are driven to be at the cutting edge of digital medicine. Applicants should feel comfortable in working in multidisciplinary teams, understand the importance of strong clinical governance, and be confident in advocating for the needs of patients – both internally and when working with partners.
Please note that this role requires a minimum of 3 days per week in our London office.
- Support the Clinical & Scientific Team in ensuring the Huma platform meets the highest clinical standards, including advising on prospective changes and project-specific decisions.
- Support Huma's wider evidence generation activities, including peer reviewed publications, thought leadership pieces, and conferences.
- Work collaboratively with Huma's Product, Design, Engineering, and AI teams.
- Support clinical risk management activities according to DCB 0129, ISO 14971, and the company-wide clinical safety methodology and processes for new features and products. These activities may include: Creating or Updating the Clinical Risk Management Plan for the Health IT System development and modification; Undertaking clinical risk management activities in accordance with the Clinical Risk Management Plan.
- Support in Clinical Evaluations and Post Market surveillance activities as per regional regulations such as EU MDR, US FDA, and beyond.
- Support in any necessary SaMD Clinical Investigations, including feasibility studies and reliability and validity studies on parts of the Huma Products.
- Support and advise the business to ensure clinical requirements are clearly communicated and the patient voice is heard.
- Support commercial teams in client engagement and scoping of external projects.
From day one in this role, we’ll expect you to have
- Relevant clinical experience – we are looking for clinical professionals who have been qualified for at least 2 years and understand the reality of delivering care in acute or community settings
- Excellent communication skills, especially with non-clinical colleagues
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks with varying degrees of priority in a fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative and problem-solving capabilities, with the ability to distil clarity from ambiguity
- Comfort working autonomously within a supportive team infrastructure, and an appreciation for thoroughness, follow-up, and attention to detail
- Research and/or academic experience, including searching and appraising literature, and an appreciation of research design and methods
It’s great, but not required, if you have
- Experience working within digital health
- Professional experience working in non-clinical settings such as policy or management, or a start-up
- Clinical governance experience
- Experience working with product or engineering teams
- Knowledge of clinical safety standards and medical device regulations
You will thrive at Huma if you are
- Patient-centred – lending your expertise so that Huma’s products continue to be market leading for user experience.
- An Industry Expert – well-networked, you used your knowledge and contacts to teach best practices
- A self-solver – you are resourceful and seek solutions through collaboration
- Resilient – show adaptability, be a pro-juggler and have the ability to move fast where it matters the most
- A collaborator – you achieve some of the greatest results by working together
- Detail-oriented – working with people’s health means we obsess over every detail and make sure we get it right
What we can offer you
- Competitive pension scheme & salary sacrifice with Aviva
- Prioritisation of your health and wellbeing with ClassPass or Urban Sports Club
- EAP scheme and gym membership discount with Aviva
- Progressive private health insurance with Aviva
- AIG Life & income protection scheme
- Generous share options – every employee is an owner
- 25 days paid vacation + UK bank holidays
- Home office allowance to support home working
- Bike2Work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Family first culture – giving the flexibility you need
- Growth & development opportunities
- Line management and mentoring from emerging clinical leaders in digital health
Come join us!
We believe magic happens when you bring together diverse ideas, experiences, and styles. We want to create a world where people live longer, fuller lives, and to do that well we need a team that represents all of the people and communities who use our solutions. We aspire to create an environment where everyone has the opportunity to do their best work. We are always looking for ways to improve so if you have any suggestions, please get in touch.
Dear recruitment agency friends: Huma attracts an amazing number of direct candidates and we do not need any help at this stage, so please do not send us unsolicited agency resumes. This is not a great use of your time, and we will not accept any liability or fees for any resumes or candidates which we have not asked you to find for us.